December 16th, 2011
December 2nd, 2011
Here are some fun winter facts about Rooftop Ramble:
- Our chickens live in their coop on the rooftop all winter. Last winter each of our six chickens continued to lay one egg per day. Our chickens are hardy, northern breeds that do well in cold weather: Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, and Dominique. They seem to enjoy the cold weather much more than those hot, humid summer days!
- We grow grasses for our chickens in our greenhouse all winter so they continue to get fresh, green treats throughout the year. We also sprout seeds and grains for our ladies and prepare healthy winter chicken treats that include garlic, grapeseed oil and cracked corn. These foods keep them healthy and warm all winter.
- Last winter we had a nine foot snowman on the rooftop.
- Come up to the rooftop on January 3rd and 22nd to play “Snake Snake” a Native American winter game that has been played in Wisconsin for hundreds of years.
- Visit the Rooftop Ramble all winter for many cold weather surprises. You might even come up one day to discover an igloo and an ice skating rink!
- How many snow-cones were eaten at Rooftop Icicle Festival, 2011? 220
- Come visit on February 18th, 2012 to see if we can break that record!
November 19th, 2011
November 6th, 2011
Six baby mice joined the Clubhouse menagerie on Friday.
October 15th, 2011
October 11th, 2011
October 8th, 2011
October 3rd, 2011